Our Audit of the Universe reveals that humankind’s technical progress has been astronomic but their peace of mind has not followed.
Audit of the Universe led us through a ‘what’s up’ with all those pieces, (of Inventory of the Universe) how are they faring in 2017? Plus we took a closer look at how humankind functions, their social institutions, endeavors and ways of reasoning. I tried to leave it up to each reader to decide whether the glass of peace and prosperity on Earth is getting fuller or emptier.
(Origin of the Universe Preface 2)
Objectively, I think you were able to detect that while I feel ‘technically’ the glass is without a doubt getting fuller, humankind’s ‘way of life’ is getting emptier. Humankind’s mental outlets, their interior fiber, that part that makes them a very particular species: their mind with its capacity to conceive, their body with its capacity to manufacture and create the most marvelous endeavors. Humankind is not using those awesome abilities to be fulfilled, they’re in a continual and perpetual search for an evasive, illusive ‘something’.
They’re progressing at an exponential rate and at the same time there seems to be a void, they don’t know where they’re headed and the emptiness seems to be engulfing them. Something like accelerating into a black hole, they’ve got all the gadgets for a life of ease but inner peace and prosperity elude them. When humankind steps off the motorized treadmill where they’re running for health and well being into a stationery position where do they really stand? If they puts aside all their ‘life-toys’ what do they really have… deep down?#Humankind has got all the gadgets for a life of ease but inner #peace and #prosperity elude… Click To Tweet
In Audit of the Universe we discussed Science, Philosophy, Religion, Mythology, Government. The common denominator amongst these diverse disciplines is their search for answers. I came to the conclusion that given the present state of affairs… there’s been an awful lot of searching, which still continues, but we’re awfully short of answers… real answers about the fundamentals of life.
How do you explain this or that? Why this or that?
I’m including in these interrogations: Is there some extraneous ‘force’ out there that we’re maybe not fully aware of? You can name it whatever you want… the question is: is humankind alone in the universe? Whether we think there’s intelligent life on another planet or some sort of spirit being… the question remains.
In Audit of the Universe I discussed how we are thriving. We surveyed the immense inventory, the universe of animate and inanimate to see how it is faring asking the basic question: Is the glass of peace and prosperity in each of these fields getting emptier or fuller? An intermediate conclusion concerns the ‘singularity of humankind’ … who, alone, can take such an ‘Inventory’ and proceed with such an ‘Audit’. Who alone has the culture to survey, evaluate, write down and transmit such conclusions.
Given this unique propensity of humankind we discussed four characteristics that set them apart from and above all known creatures on Earth and, to this point, in the known Universe.
- These include how humankind’s mind functions, their human nature and free will that lead to their behavior. The fact that for any type of social interaction there needs to be ethics and their application with justice for all. This includes the ability to modify one’s own behavior and be forgiven so that they can not only integrate society but contribute to its peace and prosperity.
- We then touched on the social co-habitation of humankind. Our society is made up of individuals who sexually reproduce with other individuals, each one, worldwide, going through a growth process in an environment of mother and father, family, extended family, village, city, nation and beyond until we reach ‘globalization,’ the 21st century buzzword referring to migration and intermingling of peoples and cultures.
- These combined individualities with their human minds have accomplished incredible progress, particularly in the last 6000 years with emphatic emphasis on the last century. Progress has accelerated and it is mind boggling to see where we are in agriculture, biology, technology and so many other fields. The endeavors of humankind have led to the type of societies we live in today. Experimentation, conception and realization of humankind’s thoughts, plans and dreams have given rise to the 21st century way of life.
- We ended our Audit of the Universe by considering the tools and methods at humankind’s disposition to reach conclusions–find solutions. Their basis for believing and doing what they do to both live on Earth and promote peace and prosperity for all of humankind. I ended Audit with ‘How humankind reasons’ including the four pillars:
- Humankind’s experience—Humankind’s government, leadership, his history and lessons learnt
- Science—Humankind’s study and explanation of Nature
- Philosophy—Humankind’s intellectual approach to life
- Religion—Humankind’s incorporation of a Higher Power Intelligence (of all sorts) into their life
When it comes to humankind the common denominator amongst Experience, Science and Philosophy is how all of humankind searches for their OWN answers. This is in contrast to Religion where humankind acquiesces to revealed knowledge from an OUTSIDE Higher Source.Experience, Science and Philosophy are humankind's search for their OWN answers in contrast to… Click To Tweet
Audit of the Universe is an analysis of all humankind’s answers to see how far we’ve come, what we’ve done with those answers, whether they’re yielding peace and prosperity and opening up a bright future.
In Audit we also, very briefly, looked at the impact of religion on our present state of world affairs. Can we say that religion is filling the glass with peace and prosperity? Even those within any particular religion would have a difficult time with that one. I’m not talking about what they think the impact of religion (in general) is going to be on world peace and prosperity. The answer to such a question is speculation. The real question is what is religion’s impact NOW?
I came to the conclusion that given the present state of affairs, after all this searching and sifting of data we’ve located, and which is on-going, we’re still quite short of answers… real answers about the fundamentals of life and what brings peace and prosperity. Witness the world around us.
And there are certain questions which none of the first 3 disciplines can answer. Many would add the 4th, religion, as well: How do you explain Life? Where did it come from? Why are we here? …
I’m including in those unanswerable and improvable questions: Is there some extraneous ‘force’ out there that we’re maybe not fully aware of? You can name it whatever you want… the question is: Is humankind alone in the universe? Whether we think there’s intelligent life on another planet or some sort of spirit being… the question remains. And the first 3 disciplines can only conjecture, they certainly cannot answer these types of metaphysical questions.
That’s why there’s a sequel, this book, The Origin of the Universe, when we not only begin to question the why’s but also answer them.
This post is an excerpt from Preface 2 of Origin of the Universe.
Dig Deeper into The Explanation
Join The Explanation Newsletter to stay informed of updates. and future events. No obligations, total privacy, unsubscribe if you want. Your gift is a free pdf of The Explanation and a free pdf of Answering the Big Questions in Life
Learn how to play Take Inventory – The Interconnectivity Game (free) that nourishes your neurons and is taking the world by storm. Play a round with family and friends. View the above videos and use the tags at the end of this blog for dozens of ideas to play Take Inventory – The Game.
See the index of the book Inventory of the Universe to find a specific chapter and read it online.
Unlock Bible meaning via Biblical Hebrew … with no fuss. The free video course that puts you in the driver’s seat to navigate the Bible as never before. Join now
Since you read all the way to here… you liked it. Please use the Social Network links just below to share this excerpt of Inventory of the Universe, Audit of the Universe: Technical progress–Yes, Peace of Mind–No