Why would I focus on the Bible? On what is known as the Old and New Testaments? The Bible is an incredible paradox. All-time best-seller, all-time number of misunderstandings.
If you have not read the two short lead up posts on Theology and Sacred Books prior to this one I suggest you do so. Particularly if you are not a Bible advocate. Maybe you’ve had no interest or turned off interest in this book. You’ll quickly learn how and why I’ve progressed to focusing on the Bible.
At the beginning of Origin of the Universe (3rd book in The Explanation series) I will expand on why I have chosen the Bible as the foremost Sacred Book. All the Sacred Books contain wisdom and can help in certain ways. But, we’re looking for much more than that.
The identifying sign of the One Sacred Book
we’re looking for is that it will give
real, coherent answers to the BASIC questions
for which MANKIND does not have answers.
Questions which are so basic as to defy the imagination.
List of Basic Questions Mankind cannot Answer
- Why is it that man is intelligent?
- Why is it that in spite of all the geographic separations with unique animal and plant species that are found nowhere else, man is the only species that is worldwide?
- Why is it that mankind is responsable for the state of this planet?
- Why is it that no matter where mankind is on Earth s/he’s sociable?
- Why is it that no matter where mankind is on Earth s/he’s living in some form of relationship, generally marriage?
- Why is it that no matter where mankind is on Earth s/he’s obliged to raise their children?
- Why is it that no matter where mankind is on Earth s/he’s their children take so many years to reach maturity?
- Why is this world is such an upset state? And how is it possible to clear it up.
- etc. etc. etc.
- Click here for a partial list of dozens and dozens of questions and points to ponder that are included in Inventory of the Universe (This list is coming soon … but you can freely download the book or read it online to see these questions for yourself)
Our ONE sacred book must answer not just 25% or 50% or 72% but 100% of these questions and indeed even the questions that we don’t think to ask!
Of all the Sacred Books I listed in the previous post, the Bible is the only one that has the answers to these fundamental questions of life … and, if you don’t mind, I’ll add death … because since we’ll all go through that, it is a very basic question which we cannot ignore: Why death? What is its purpose? Is there an afterlife? How? Where? Under what conditions? Does everyone participate? and the list of down-to-earth questions goes on and on.
Now, let’s get down to brass tacks. That I’ve focused attention on the Bible is nothing new. After all there are many preachers pounding out messages from the Bible. Hotel rooms carry a copy and they’ll even deliver one to your door free accompanied by people who will explain certain teachings directly from the Bible’s words.
So, why continue reading what I’m writing?
Because I submit to you that whatever language they are using other than the Biblical Hebrew (I will not get into the Greek for now) is incomplete and does not tell the whole story. Please don’t get me wrong. I wrote INcomplete and the WHOLE story. Oh yes, the English, French, German, Spanish Japanese, Chinese … indeed all translations DO TELL A STORY … but NOT THE COMPLETE STORY.
Sorry for the capital letters but I really need you to pay attention and stop and even get a little irritated by both the way and what I just wrote. I’d like you to be moved enough to become curious as to what the Biblical Hebrew says and what you might be missing in your comprehension of this ONE SACRED BOOK.
Dig Deeper into The Explanation
Join The Explanation Newsletter to stay informed of updates. and future events. No obligations, total privacy, unsubscribe anytime, if you want.
The Explanation series of seven books. Free to read online or purchase these valuable commentaries on Genesis 1-3 from your favorite book outlet. E-book and paperback formats are available. Use this link to see the details of each book and buy from your favorite store.
Since you read all the way to here… you liked it. Please use the Social Network links just below to share this information from The Explanation, The Bible … Best-Seller of All Times … Least understood of All Books