Arable land doesn’t only mean Food, it means wholesome, nourishing tasty Food
As we continue to take Inventory of our Earth, we step on to ‘land’. Our food is grown in the ‘earth’, actually in the very best of earth, the topsoil, the most fertile arable land area on earth. How much fertile land is there to feed a population of 7 billion people? If everyone ate just 2 meals a days, that’s 14 billion meals a day, 420 billion meals per month. Let’s compare Earth to an apple which you can cut into pieces to see their relative sizes. What portionof the apple is arable land that feeds ALL of Earth’s population?
- A massive 3/4 of the apple represent the oceans, lakes, rivers and other waterways.
- A mere 1/4 represents the total land surface of which:
- 1/8 represents half of the Earth’s land surface that is uninhabitable by people and impossible to grow crops: the freezing cold polar regions, boiling hot deserts, muddy swamps, and rocky, towering mountains.
- 1/8 of the land on the surface of the Earth is fit for human habitation, of which:
- 3/32 represent land on which people can subsist, but cannot grow food because of adverse conditions, rocks, abrupt slopes, adverse climate and temperatures or the soil maybe too poor to grow food. Much good land has also been transformed into cities, suburbs, villages, roads, airports, etc.
- 1/32 is arable land that has the potential to grow the food needed to feed all of the people on Earth.
The fragile thin apple peel of this 1/32 of all land represents the fertile topsoil, the rich earth that retains the moisture and restitutes its nutrients to the crops and plants that feed us and the animals. Fertile arable land represents but a sliver of a sliver of the apple, but that sliver is the breadbasket of mankind.
Follow The Explanation with Sam Kneller, sign up for a no obligation subscription to receive notifications of future blogs AND a FREE copy of the coming book: Inventory of the Universe
Dig Deeper into The Explanation
Join The Explanation Newsletter to stay informed of updates. and future events. No obligations, total privacy, unsubscribe if you want. Your gift is a free pdf of Inventory of the Universe and a free pdf of Answering the Big Questions in Life
Learn how to play Take Inventory – The Interconnectivity Game (free) that nourishes your neurons and is taking the world by storm. Play a round with family and friends. View the above videos and use the tags at the end of this blog for dozens of ideas to play Take Inventory – The Game.
See the index of the book Inventory of the Universe to find a specific chapter and read it online.
Unlock Bible meaning via Biblical Hebrew … with no fuss. The free video course that puts you in the driver’s seat to navigate the Bible as never before. Join now
Since you read all the way to here… you liked it. Please use the Social Network links just below to share this excerpt of Inventory of the Universe, Arable Land is a Tiny Sliver of Earth